IP Finance -- Brexit and IP Practice: What does it mean?

Mike Mireles

Jun 24, 2016, 5:24:12 PM6/24/16
to ip-fi...@googlegroups.com

Friday, 24 June 2016

Brexit and IP Practice: What does it mean?

As we all know, Brexit happened yesterday (I guess depending on your time zone).  I am disappointed by the vote, but that is democracy.  It was relatively close, but over17 million voters unhappy with the status quo is significant.  I am not a European IP attorney, but I thought it might be helpful to collect some of the links to advice concerning the IP fallout from Brexit.  Here are a few:

Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer

Carl Oppendahl

Afro IP via Darren Olivier (Brexit implications for Africa)

Fashion Law Blog

Olswang

Foley & Lardner via National Law Review

Kluwer Patent Law Blog