IOIO Service problem

Ricardo Roitman

Aug 6, 2015, 1:43:45 PM8/6/15
to ioio-users
Hey Ytai
great product you have, we just love it,
we are implementing the IOIO board into a product, and we need it to work as a service,
it works fine as we implement IOIO abstract activity.
we are now trying to change it as a service and we are having big problems,
we look at all blogs and examples for the code, we run the example code for service,
and we still not working
the problem since to be, the IOIO service works and we see it in the log (we put some logs in the code)
when we connect the IOIO board, it does not start (even the yellow led from the example is not working,,,,)

we are working with IOIO OTG and API 504,

any thoughts ? we will appreciated your BIG help on this one,

thanks ,
Ricardo, Vladi and Rafa
Tel Aviv
050-3478994

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Aug 6, 2015, 2:39:55 PM8/6/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
This has been discussed many times recently.
I've made some fixes in this area which have not yet been released. However, they are on GitHub master. People have reported these fixes to work well for them. Make sure you're carefully reviewing how HelloIOIOService is structured and have your app follow the same pattern. Better yet, make sure HelloIOIOService works well for you before moving to your own app.
Let me know whether or not this solves the issues you're seeing.

I've been wanting to make a proper release out of this for a while and never got around to it as it ended up being stuck behind my efforts to move to Gradle / Maven / AndroidStudio and my being very busy in general lately :)

Good luck!