USB accessory permissions (again)

Matt Kitcat

Apr 22, 2016, 3:16:56 PM4/22/16
to ioio-users
Hello.
I am trying to get my app to not ask for permission when initialising a ioio as a USB accessory. (I am using basic4android by the way but I think this is related to the androidmanifest.xml)
I have my phone attached with a usb cable. The ioio is the host. I have been searching everywhere for a way to grant permission to my app to use the ioio device and tried various examples of androidmanifest.xml.
Can someone explain specifically how to grant permission to my app for a ioio attached as a usb accessory.

Many thanks
AndroidManifest.xml

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Apr 22, 2016, 3:20:53 PM4/22/16
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
If I understand correctly your question and the Android API, I think the answer is that Android specifically doesn't want the application to be able to get those permissions without the user authorizing it every time, unless the user had designated this application as the default app for that accessory.