IOIO-OTG -"Caught IOException. Exiting."

wael mansour

Mar 22, 2016, 12:51:18 PM3/22/16
to ioio-users

Hello all,i bought IOIO-OTG kit the chip part number is (PIC24FJ256DA206) i successfully download the App-IOIO0506.ioioapp  with no problem
when i tried to make my custom firmware i first tried to compile simple project  (Blink)
first i compiled using configuration IOIO0023 becouse it match the hardware chip  (PIC24FJ256DA206)

After that i used hex2ioio

next i convert ioio to ioioapp and tring to download it

Here i found that the platform version is IOIO0030 this is strange a little because when i return to the code i found that IOIO0030 only selected when PIC24FJ256GB206

but lets try to do the same process with IOIO0030  and will asume that the chip is PIC24FJ256GB206 not PIC24FJ256DA206

continue the process

What do you think my problem is ??
i'm waiting your response :)

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Mar 23, 2016, 12:01:50 AM3/23/16
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
  1. The difference between the IOIO002x configuration (platform) and the IOIO0030 is not just about the processor. It is about the bootloader ABI and about the board. IOIO002x is for the IOIO-v1 boards, running the old bootloader. So you should indeed use the IOIO0030 configuration as a starting point, ideally going to the project settings and choose the other processor if this is the only difference. As a side note, let me mention that you're using a non-standard configuration and I honestly don't understand why you would ever want to do this.
  2. No idea what's the IOException is about. You can rebuild IOIODude from source and have it emit a stack trace on exception. One thing that is suspicious is the "172 bytes security" message, which I don't seem to recall having seen. I'd recommend you to use the zip too available within cygwin, or ideally, use the tools/make-ioio-bundle script, which does both the hex conversion and the packaging for you, possible for multiple configurations.

wael mansour

Mar 23, 2016, 4:21:08 AM3/23/16
to ioio-users
Thanks Ytai for fast replay :)
  1. thank you for illustrating the difference between the IOIO002x and the IOIO0030
  2. i changed the processor and select the standard configuration IOIO0030 and also modifiy the platform.h file in(blink project) becouse it has these lines
#elif PLATFORM == PLATFORM_IOIO0030
      #define HARDWARE HARDWARE_IOIO0004
#endif
#elif HARDWARE == HARDWARE_IOIO0004
  #ifndef __PIC24FJ256GB206__
    #error Platform and MCU mismatch - expecting PIC24FJ256GB206
  #endif

so i modifiy it to be

#elif PLATFORM == PLATFORM_IOIO0030
      #define HARDWARE HARDWARE_IOIO0004
#endif
#elif HARDWARE == HARDWARE_IOIO0004
  #ifndef __PIC24FJ256DA206__
    #error Platform and MCU mismatch - expecting PIC24FJ256GB206
  #endif

then i used the tools/make-ioio-bundle script

it outs the same output (172 bytes security) (deflated 78%)
to be ensure that the ioiodude is working correctly i download the firmware  App-IOIO0506.ioioapp for testing

no problem happened
when i tried my app

i got the same problem :(
what do you think??

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Mar 23, 2016, 1:04:04 PM3/23/16
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure, but I'd suspect the zip version you're using. Can you dump the version info? Mine says Zip 3.0, and doesn't emit the security thing.

wael mansour

Mar 24, 2016, 3:00:18 AM3/24/16
to ioio-users

 I'm ZIP 3.0 also
what do you think??
Message has been deleted

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Mar 24, 2016, 3:07:41 AM3/24/16
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

I don't know. Modify ioiodude to dump the stack trace.

On Mar 24, 2016 12:01 AM, "wael mansour" <engwa...@gmail.com> wrote:

wael mansour

Mar 27, 2016, 9:33:01 AM3/27/16
to ioio-users
 could you tell me how to dump the stack trace?

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Mar 27, 2016, 12:24:07 PM3/27/16
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Call dumpStackTrace() on the exception object in the catch block.