ADB over Wifi

dakman05

Sep 30, 2012, 10:44:34 AM9/30/12
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
So I'm trying to use ADB while debugging my IOIO Open Accessory implementation.. Seems like when I turn on ADB /adb over IP... OpenAccessory becomes inactive (eg ADB is breaking the OA USB connection)...But when I disable ADB, OA works fine... ADB also works but only in USB mode(no Wifi/Network adb)

Can I force IOIO OA to stay in OA mode while I debug using wifi ADB?

Jeff Eberl

Sep 30, 2012, 10:49:19 AM9/30/12
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Yes. There was a conversation about this not long ago. The easy solution was to use bt to connect to the ioio while debugging over usb.

Open accessory won't connect if adb is on. You can disable the adb in the bootloader code, and flash that bootloader.

On Sep 30, 2012 8:44 AM, "dakman05" <dakm...@gmail.com> wrote:
So I'm trying to use ADB while debugging my IOIO Open Accessory implementation.. Seems like when I turn on ADB /adb over IP... OpenAccessory becomes inactive (eg ADB is breaking the OA USB connection)...But when I disable ADB, OA works fine... ADB also works but only in USB mode(no Wifi/Network adb)

Can I force IOIO OA to stay in OA mode while I debug using wifi ADB?

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Sep 30, 2012, 1:31:56 PM9/30/12
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Almost correct: you'll need to disable ADB in the app layer code, not the bootloader. It is a matter of commenting out one line or so, then rebuilding the app firmware.

dakman05

Sep 30, 2012, 4:48:22 PM9/30/12
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
its interesting because Bluetooth and Wifi ADB work simultaneously ..... for now ill probably debug that way...

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Oct 1, 2012, 1:01:56 AM10/1/12
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
When you move ADB to WiFi, the phone still present the ADB interface in the USB descriptors, but refuses an actual incoming ADB connection. There is no simple solution to this that will include both ADB and OpenAccessory. However, it is very simple to completely disable ADB in the firmware, and thus the IOIO will go straight to OpenAccessory, and you'll be able to debug over WiFi while connection to the IOIO over USB.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ioio-users/-/engQaH1nV-4J.

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Oct 10, 2012, 12:04:22 PM10/10/12
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

By firmware I mean the firmware that's on the IOIO.

On Oct 10, 2012 9:02 AM, "Steven Van Buskirk" <stev...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey, I'm having trouble with this exact problem. Could you be little more specific in what you mean by disabling ADB in the firmware.  I'm kind of new with all of this. If ADB is disabled in the firmware how will I still be able to debug over wifi?
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ioio-users/-/TaNw-u7V5isJ.

Jeff Eberl

Oct 10, 2012, 5:56:24 PM10/10/12
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

The firmware, on these forums, refers to the code loaded onto the IOIO. By disabling adb, IOIO won't try to connect to android via adb, and it will try to connect to android via open accessory or bluetooth. Then the phone adb port is free to debug via wifi.

BUT, buying a $5 bluetooth adaptor is easier, and you can debug via adb with USB->computer or adb with WIFI->computer.

On Sunday, September 30, 2012 11:02:20 PM UTC-6, Ytai wrote:
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ioio-users/-/TaNw-u7V5isJ.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Iovine Francesco

Oct 11, 2016, 1:46:55 PM10/11/16
to ioio-users
Hi Ytay,
thanks for your advice.
Do you mean that we have to comment out the protocol initialization in main.c like in the following?

Thanks a lot.