IOIO Host mode - HelloIOIO works - my app doesn't

James Warner

Jun 17, 2015, 3:23:04 PM6/17/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
trying to use IOIO Host mode (IOIO powered from Nexus 7) - Latest firmware & HelloIOIO app works - my app doesn't (but works fine when it's in accessory mode - what am I missing in my project?

Many Thanks,
James

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Jun 17, 2015, 3:44:45 PM6/17/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
The next logical step is to try building HelloIOIO from source. Then figure out what's different in your app. The main things required for IOIO in device mode support are including the IOIOLibAndroidDevice library and some manifest declarations.

James Warner

Jun 17, 2015, 6:22:14 PM6/17/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
I've declared it (and the app auto runs and asks if it can use USB device, and IOIOLibAndroidDevice lib is included)
Will try building helloIOIO to confirm

It's still running OK in accessory mode - but since upgrading from 330 to 504 the loop runs MUCH slower - around 2 times a second instead of 20 odd, any reason for this in the version difference?

James

James Warner

Jun 17, 2015, 7:25:02 PM6/17/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
My mistake, It was working, an intermittent hardware issue causing it!
Narrowed down the code that's hanging up the loop - it's a frequency counter (and there are no pulses arriving in my prototype setup) guess it's blocking and timing out waiting for a pulse. Has any of the freq counting code changed since 330? Any suggestions for avoiding the frequency counter blocking when no pulses are received?
James

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Jun 17, 2015, 7:46:36 PM6/17/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Either run it on a separate thread or interrupt the current thread after some timeout. Search this forum for TimerTask. Your question has been asked and answered several times.