IOIO connected as forced host to PC

Fabian Dreyersdorff

Mar 27, 2015, 10:35:34 AM3/27/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,

I know about the warnings that you should not do this, but it happened. And as expected my IOIO is no more working like expected. I did not find any description what is happening and why this configuration is so dangerous for the board.

So this is behaviour now:

If I connect the board to pc, window device manager is showing it in list. I am able to flash firmware in boot mode, read versions and validate fingerprint. But when I start IOIO-Bridge and try to connect, it tells me "error: device not found". But it seems that hardware is okay.

If I connect in boot mode, following information are given by IOIO-Dude:

.\ioiodude.bat --port=COM8 versions
IOIO
Bootloader detected.

Hardware version: SPRK0020
Bootloader version: IOIO0400
Platform version: IOIO0030

.\ioiodude.bat --port=COM8 fingerprint
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

As you see fingerprint is invalid so I flash the firmware again.

.\ioiodude.bat --port=COM8 write .\App-IOIO0500.ioapp
Comparing fingerprints...
Fingerprint mismatch.
Writing image...
[########################################]
Writing fingerprint...
Done.

Checking fingerprint...

.\ioiodude.bat --port=COM8 --reset fingerprint
d895d272a4b98529693fcdc4f69eeb3c

...seems fine now and in normal mode I can read the version information...

.\ioiodude.bat --port=COM8 versions
IOIO Application detected.

Hardware version: SPRK0020
Bootloader version: IOIO0400
Application version: IOIO0500hier eingeben

...but bridge is not working.

.\ioiobridge.bat COM8
error: device not found
error: device not found

And if I restart in boot mode, fingerprint is invalid again.

.\ioiodude.bat --port=COM8 fingerprint
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

.\ioiodude.bat --port=COM8 --reset versions
IOIO Bootloader detected.

Hardware version: SPRK0020
Bootloader version: IOIO0400
Platform version: IOIO0030

.\ioiodude.bat --port=COM8 versions
IOIO Application detected.

Hardware version: SPRK0020
Bootloader version: IOIO0400
Application version: IOIO0500

Everything was working fine before this stupid mistake. I don't understand why everything is working well but the application connection. But maybe there is a way to rescue this brilliant piece?

Hope for your ideas and advices.
Fabian

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Mar 27, 2015, 12:28:42 PM3/27/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

I wouldn't expect your mistake to be likely to cause any physical damage.
Looks like you have the latest firmware. Do you have anything connected to pin 1, which might cause a configuration wipe every time you're entering bootloader mode, and hence the fffffffff fingerprint?
Otherwise, do you see the IOIO appearing in device manager and having the correct port number when connecting in non-bootloader mode?