USB Debugging

Rob

Feb 19, 2015, 3:03:36 AM2/19/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
I'm new to using IOIO, and I have noticed that I have to keep enabling / disabling USB debugging.

Install app on physical device: Enable USB Debugging
Connect device to IOIO: Disable USB Debugging

Is this always required or am I missing something?

Thanks

Thanos Fisherman

Feb 19, 2015, 4:53:37 AM2/19/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
If you are using android >= 4.2.2 then you have to disable usb debugging when connecting ioio directly to phone. Otherwise enable. But if you connect your ioio to phone via bluetooth it doesn't matter if usb debbug is enabled or not (at least for me works like that)

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 19, 2015, 3:49:14 PM2/19/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, either Bluetooth or IOIOBridge for development time are the simple solutions.

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 1:53 AM, Thanos Fisherman <psar...@gmail.com> wrote:
If you are using android >= 4.2.2 then you have to disable usb debugging when connecting ioio directly to phone. Otherwise enable. But if you connect your ioio to phone via bluetooth it doesn't matter if usb debbug is enabled or not (at least for me works like that)

Rob

Feb 20, 2015, 2:31:05 AM2/20/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Thanos and Ytai.  I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.  I'll stick with bridge until I get a bluetooth adapter.