hello ioio doesn't work on eclipse

joe el khoury

Feb 8, 2015, 8:14:34 AM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Ytai!! Dude, Is it that much hard to import ioio libraries and projects!! I am a mechanical engineering student and I want to use ioio!! I spent days just trying to solve problems on eclipse and nothing works!!! I bought 2 ioio devices and I am not able to use any one of them!!! Always red crosses and errors!! I looked at the github page "troubleshooting" in eclipse!! And nothing helped me!! How can I import any ioio project and library without having errors?? connectionLostException , BaseIOIOLooper, DigitaOutput, IncompatibilitException, IOIO , IOIOconnection, IOIOActivity, IOIOBaseApplicationHelper, IOIOconnectionBootstrap, IOIOconnectionFactory cannot be resolved to a type and No resource found that matches the given name (at'resource' with value '@xml/accessory_filter') and many more errors . Is there any special way to run a simple ioio app?? I am so angry!!! Hope you can help me dude!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 8, 2015, 1:16:23 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Show me what you're doing step by step. Start only with IOIOLibAndroid.

On Feb 8, 2015 5:14 AM, "joe el khoury" <elkh...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

joe el khoury

Feb 8, 2015, 2:09:30 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Dear!! First,  I clicked file-import-general-existing projects into workspace-next-select root directory browse ioio file (unzipped)-finish, then I got all of these errors!! I tried to erase errors and to fix path and what I read on google!! But, I didn't able to solve this problem

joe el khoury

Feb 8, 2015, 2:09:32 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
20150208_205954.jpg

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 8, 2015, 2:20:24 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Can you send a screenshot of what the import project dialog looked like when you imported?

joe el khoury

Feb 8, 2015, 2:25:35 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

I tried IOIOLibAndroidDevice , I got the same errors!!! :( I don't know a lot in these stuffs!!! And I am not able to find any solution!!!

20150208_211809-1.jpg

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 8, 2015, 2:28:10 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Can you please read my questions more carefully? I requested that you import only IOIOLibAndroid and send a screenshot of the project import screen.

On Feb 8, 2015 11:25 AM, "joe el khoury" <elkh...@gmail.com> wrote:

I tried IOIOLibAndroidDevice , I got the same errors!!! :( I don't know a lot in these stuffs!!! And I am not able to find any solution!!!

joe el khoury

Feb 8, 2015, 2:36:24 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

The unzipped and the the zipped files

20150208_212955-1.jpg
20150208_212942-1.jpg

joe el khoury

Feb 8, 2015, 2:38:54 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Unzipped and zipped files

20150208_212955-1.jpg
20150208_212942-1.jpg

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 8, 2015, 2:40:48 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Joe, when you import into eclipse you get a dialog window asking you to severely the project. Fill in what you normally do and before clicking OK send me a screenshot.

On Feb 8, 2015 11:38 AM, "joe el khoury" <elkh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Unzipped and zipped files

joe el khoury

Feb 8, 2015, 3:29:55 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

After I clicked project -clean errors increases

IMG-20150208-WA0031.jpg
IMG-20150208-WA0030.jpg
IMG-20150208-WA0032.jpg
IMG-20150208-WA0028.jpg
IMG-20150208-WA0033.jpg

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 8, 2015, 3:34:08 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Not IOIOLibAndroidDevice, but IOIOLibAndroid. Point your "Browse..." box to the root directory where you extracted the software bundle.
Please close (or delete) all the other projects from Eclipse while you're resolving that, or otherwise they'll just add too much noise.

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 12:29 PM, joe el khoury <elkh...@gmail.com> wrote:

After I clicked project -clean errors increases

joe el khoury

Feb 8, 2015, 4:08:21 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
I am stupid and I didn't find this file:"IOIOLibAndroid" that is why I used IOIOLibAndroidDevice. yeah,I am creating a different folder for each imported project!! that is really bad, I looked so stupid!! I tried to download a different ioio projects but they are all the same !!! without IOIOLibAndroid

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 8, 2015, 4:17:34 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Does everything work now?

joe el khoury

Feb 8, 2015, 4:18:53 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Same errors

IMG-20150208-WA0036.jpg

joe el khoury

Feb 8, 2015, 4:21:57 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Same errors

IMG-20150208-WA0036.jpg

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 8, 2015, 4:22:53 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Going back to the same questions. Please delete everything and unzip the software package again.
Then show me what the import dialog looks like when importing IOIOLibAndroid. Do not attempt to proceed before this step is OK because nothing is expected to work if IOIOLibAndroid doesn't build.

On Feb 8, 2015 1:18 PM, "joe el khoury" <elkh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Same errors

joe el khoury

Feb 8, 2015, 4:36:35 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Gosh!! I extracted the library twice!! The first time, I got the same errors! in the second time, I didn't have any red cross, but I can't run as an android application

joe el khoury

Feb 8, 2015, 4:37:09 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Now, can I add hello ioio?? To try it!!

joe el khoury

Feb 8, 2015, 4:39:59 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

I imported Hello ioio, now I have the same errors but in hello ioio in the MainActivity.java

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 8, 2015, 4:47:04 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
You need to now also import IOIOLibAccessoy, IOIOLibBT and IOIOLibAndroidDevice or remove the dependency of HelloIOIO on them.

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 1:39 PM, joe el khoury <elkh...@gmail.com> wrote:

I imported Hello ioio, now I have the same errors but in hello ioio in the MainActivity.java

joe el khoury

Feb 8, 2015, 4:54:55 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

It wasn't hard!!! ; DD thank you king ytai!!!

joe el khoury

Feb 8, 2015, 4:55:10 PM2/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Have a nice day!!