Beginners IOIO guide using Android Studio?

Fried panseller

Sep 7, 2015, 11:36:24 AM9/7/15
to ioio-users
Hi, I just got an IOIO board. I found many tutorials telling me to install Eclipse and do stuff there. Is there anyway I can use Android Studio with it (I read alot of AS tutorials too and it was just confusing)
With AS right now I can plug my android phone in and run apps.
Can anyone post a step by step tutorial on how I could include IOIO with my app using Android Studio? and get their 'helloIOIO' program working.

I'm like, completely new to Android Studio and IOIO

Thanks!

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Sep 7, 2015, 11:38:10 AM9/7/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Eclipse is deprecated for IOIO. Android studio is now the recommended IDE.
Not quite a step be step guide, but this should get you going:
https://github.com/ytai/ioio/wiki/Building-IOIO-Applications-With-Gradle

Ailgor Bot

Oct 1, 2015, 10:56:02 AM10/1/15
to ioio-users
Hello

I have post a tutorial.... but it's in French... try Google translate

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Oct 1, 2015, 4:55:33 PM10/1/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for putting it together and for sharing!
I've noticed that you're referring readers to the v5.04 software with your custom built jars. That is no longer required, since starting at v5.05 everything is already Gradle based and archives are available on Maven Central. This would also eliminate the requirements on manually setting some stuff in the manifest. Checkout the example applications from the new bundle of you're interested.
Thanks again!

Joseph Legris

Nov 27, 2015, 2:45:59 AM11/27/15
to ioio-users
I just got my new IOIO-OTG running with Android Studio after only some mild head-banging. If I can do it so can you!

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Nov 27, 2015, 11:48:13 AM11/27/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the write up and for sharing it!

Cesar Quiroz

Sep 27, 2016, 2:47:53 PM9/27/16
to ioio-users
Hello Ytai

I wanna to install the software via Linux Ubuntu. How to procedure with this?
I don't found tutorial to explain this.

Can you help me, please?
I have a ioio board and i want to put the ioio libraries into Android studio.

Thanks

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Sep 27, 2016, 2:57:07 PM9/27/16
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com