IOIO-OTG seen as ttyACM device, intent USB_DEVICE_ATTACHED not fireing

Ionut Bungeanu

Apr 21, 2014, 10:01:48 AM4/21/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
 Hello everybody,

I have an IOIO-OTG, and developed a simple app to communicate with it (I need ioio as a device). My problem is that the app works on a tablet with Android 4.0.1, but does not detect the ioio device on other tablet with Android 4.1.2. I saw there is a difference in how the system sees the IOIO.  On 4.0.1 it is seen as /dev/bus/usb... where for 4.1.2 it is seen as /dev/ttyACM0 (what you would expect from a normal linux on a PC).

Does anyone has any ideea why is that, and how can I fix it, so I can see the IOIO as a device, using the normal IOIOLibAndroidDevice  ?
Is there a missing drivere, or a wrong configuration?

- The tablet is rooted.
- Accessory works on both tablets, but I also need it to work with tablet as Host.
- The file  /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.usb.host.xml is there to enable the android.hardware.usb.host feature in android.
- Using cat /dev/ttyACM0 gives me IOIOSPRK0020IOIO0400IOIO0330. Thus one idea is to use SerialPortIOIOConnection (ported for android). I would like to avoid this if possible.

Thank you.

Ionut Bungeanu

Jun 4, 2014, 3:28:41 AM6/4/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Anyone?

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Jun 4, 2014, 11:51:10 AM6/4/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
No idea. I've never dug into the inside of Android to figure out how its USB stack works. If the Android doesn't respond to the connection of the IOIO (even though it did detect the connection as you pointed out), any fix we might find for that would be non standard (unless there's a settings option somewhere, which I doubt).