IOIO-OTG with JavaFX

webb.j...@gmail.com

May 19, 2015, 8:49:03 PM5/19/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
I am considering using the IOIO-OTG for a project which will use a JavaFX GUI on both PC and Android.  I have seen on "github.com/ytai/ioio/wiki" that folks have run into issues using any Java version besides 6.  However the JavaFX port that I am considering (www.javafxports.org) says to use Java 8 (pre-release version).

So I am curious, what are the limitations with using IOIO on Java versions newer than 6?  And does anyone have results to share regarding using IOIO in a JavaFX application?

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

May 19, 2015, 8:51:35 PM5/19/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

With earlier versions of Android, Java >6 want supported. This is no longer the case.