creating an seamless ioio connection in an android app

Lumi

Feb 22, 2016, 9:30:37 AM2/22/16
to ioio-users
Dear all,

I have an android application and in this application, when a certain button is clicked, I would like to make a connection to ioio-otg, send TWI commands and then disconnect from ioio-otg.

I would like to do these steps seamlessly on the background.  I believe, in order to do that, I need to have a separate class with connect, setup, disconnect etc. functions implemented. Moreover, I need to be able to create an instance of this class in my android application and call the necessary functions.

Is there a good example demonstrates such use case ?

Thank you in advance,
All the bests.

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 22, 2016, 7:11:38 PM2/22/16
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Look into the implementation of IOIOActivity. You can, if you want, implement a similar class that invokes the helper's start() / stop() etc. at different times than the application's lifecycle events.