MPLAB X with IOIO Bootloader

Mark Hansen

Jul 8, 2016, 3:23:30 PM7/8/16
to ioio-users
Hello,

Is it possible to download and run a MPLAB X project without using a programming pod (e.g. PICKit 3) or an Android device? Does the IOIO built-in bootloader support downloading MPLAB X projects with C source code directly over the USB connection? I am trying to run custom C code on the PIC24FJ microcontroller

Thanks!

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Jul 8, 2016, 3:32:34 PM7/8/16
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can definitely do that. This is exactly how the firmware upgrades I'm distributing work.
Once you have a hex file, there are a bunch of utilities in the /tools directory that help you convert it to a .ioioapp bundle file, which can then be read by IOIODude and flashed on the IOIO over USB.