Incompatible IOIO firmware

Leonard

May 13, 2015, 11:31:40 PM5/13/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
I mistakenly opened an issue.  I'm going to repeat it here, because it's not resolved.  I said:

I just got the latest SparkFun IOIO-OTG board and I'm trying IOIOLib from a Mac in order to avoid Android. I've built the libraries using NetBeans 8, using Java 8 (PureJavaComm, IOIOLib, IOIOLibPC). I'm trying HelloIOIOConsole for a first try. Is the firmware in this board too new? Here's the traceback:

[I/IncomingState] IOIO Connection established. Hardware ID: SPRK0020 Bootloader ID: IOIO0400 Firmware ID: IOIO0330
ioio.lib.api.exception.IncompatibilityException: IOIO firmware does not support required firmware: IOIO0005

Ytai said:

Either upgrade your firmware (recommended) to v5.x or downgrade your software to v4.x.
In the future, such discussion should be made on the ioio-users mailing list. This issue tracker is for bugs and feature requests

So, I downgraded the software to v4.00, second row in the table in the Downloads page.  Now it says:

/IncomingState] IOIO Connection established. Hardware ID: SPRK0020 Bootloader ID: IOIO0400 Firmware ID: IOIO0330

ioio.lib.api.exception.IncompatibilityException: IOIO firmware does not support required firmware: IOIO0004

Is this SparkFun IOIO-OTG supported?

I tried replacing the REQUIRED_INTERFACE_ID, but that didn't work.  It only works if I comment out checkInterfaceVersion.

Leonard

May 13, 2015, 11:44:36 PM5/13/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Do I have to downgrade to 3.30, not 4.00?

Leonard

May 13, 2015, 11:55:38 PM5/13/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that was it, I needed to downgrade to 3.30.  I found a description in the SparkFun website that said it is running Application Firmware 3.30.

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

May 14, 2015, 1:33:20 AM5/14/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Just upgrade the firmware to v5.x. There've been lots of fixes since v3.30, as well as some cool new features.

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 8:55 PM, Leonard <inextri...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, that was it, I needed to downgrade to 3.30.  I found a description in the SparkFun website that said it is running Application Firmware 3.30.

Leonard

May 14, 2015, 9:44:49 PM5/14/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
I've upgraded the firmware.  That was easy!  Thanks for all your great work, Ytai!