IOIO Manager: Update firmware doesn't work.

Tux Leonard

Nov 6, 2013, 3:13:17 PM11/6/13
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I got the following IOIO board: (see IOIO_1.jpg, version.png).

Because I got problems to run a self compiled HelloIOIO application with the latest github version I want to update the firmware of my IOIO.

I installed IOIOManager and downloaded App-IOIO0326.
When I connect my IOIO by USB I got no connection in IOIOManager.
When connection by BT I got the error message in ioio_manager.png

I tried this with Nexus5 and Nexus7 with similar results.

Do I need to upgrade the firmware?
How to update my IOIO? What am I missing?
When I compile my HelloIOIO app  with an older IOIOLib version it works fin. Any ideas?

IOIO_1.jpg
version.png
ioio_manager.png

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Nov 6, 2013, 5:39:37 PM11/6/13
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

IOIO manager application firmware upgrade doesn't work since Android 4.1. Your options are either to use an older Android or use a programmer/second IOIO. This issue doesn't exist in IOIO-OTG, where upgrades are done using a PC.

Tux Leonard

Nov 14, 2013, 3:58:22 PM11/14/13
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
I borrowed a phone with android 2.3.7 but it's the same behavior.

I downloaded the firmware images but when connection the IOIO over ADB there is no reaction in the app.

Any suggestions?

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Nov 14, 2013, 9:06:50 PM11/14/13
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
The app is not supposed to react. As soon as you star an app firmware image, the next time you power cycle the IOIO and connect it to this phone it will automatically pick up the new firmware. IOIO Manager does not need to be running at this point.

Tux Leonard

Nov 15, 2013, 2:46:10 PM11/15/13
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. Now I see that my IOIO firmware is updated quietly. :-)

Adam Brown

Dec 20, 2014, 1:41:55 AM12/20/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
craaaap.... So if I dont have a 2.3 android device, and I don't have a 2nd IOIO, I simply can not update the application firmware?

I have a Pickit 3, but the latest hex file only contains app 4.0

Is there anyway you could provide a combined hex file for the v1 IOIO which contains all the latest stuff?

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Dec 21, 2014, 1:10:53 PM12/21/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
I just pushed this without any testing (should be fine, though):

Let me know if it works, so I'll add it to the Downloads page.

Darren Wolchyn

Apr 1, 2015, 4:57:36 AM4/1/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Ytai

I am interested in this as well...I tried the linked file but got the following error when programming the SPRK0016.hex file to my V1

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Apr 1, 2015, 5:01:50 AM4/1/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

If you indeed have this processor on the board you should use the SPRK0015 image if I remember correctly.