Hello ioio not Working

Frank Li

Feb 3, 2015, 5:54:04 PM2/3/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
I just bought a new ioio-OTG. I can not run hello ioio. I updated the firmware to 0400 and the library I used is also 0400. When the board is connected to the phone, the phone is charging and it is it is debuging. However, the yellow LED just does not response.  I tried different phones and try different versions of libraries. None of them work. Do you guys have any ideas what is the reason?

Thanks
Frank

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 3, 2015, 8:17:06 PM2/3/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Disable USB debugging when running your app. IOIO over ADB only works with Android < 4.2.2. Above that you have to use OpenAccessory.

Frank Li

Feb 4, 2015, 10:27:29 AM2/4/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply. After I disabled the USB debugging and connected the phone to ioio, the hello ioio app pumped out, but the yellow stat LED did not response. I am pretty sure the LED is still functional. Any idea?  Another question is when I use the latest version of libraries, I can not control the switch(Hello ioio), and it is dark. Is that normal?

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 4, 2015, 10:33:43 AM2/4/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

I recommend that you upgrade both the firmware and IOIOLib to the latest and try again.

Frank Li

Feb 4, 2015, 10:45:20 AM2/4/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
I finally get the ioio working on another phone( Samsung s3 android 4.4 2) but it still does not work for Motorola XT 1064 (Android 4.4.4). Any suggestions?

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 4, 2015, 11:03:21 AM2/4/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Did you upgrade to the latest?

On Feb 4, 2015 7:45 AM, "Frank Li" <fran...@machinetelemetry.com> wrote:
I finally get the ioio working on another phone( Samsung s3 android 4.4 2) but it still does not work for Motorola XT 1064 (Android 4.4.4). Any suggestions?

Frank Li

Feb 4, 2015, 11:52:23 AM2/4/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
I used the latest lib, and the firmware vision are shown below.
Hardware version SPRK0020
Bootloader IOIO0400
Platform version IOIO0030

I think they are the latest version.

Frank Li

Feb 4, 2015, 12:36:58 PM2/4/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Another strange problem is that my laptop cannot find the ioio unless in the bootload mode.

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 4, 2015, 1:00:42 PM2/4/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Your configuration cannot work by definition. You have to maintain (firmware major version) >= (IOIOLib major version)
Upgrade your firmware to v5.x

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 9:36 AM, Frank Li <fran...@machinetelemetry.com> wrote:
Another strange problem is that my laptop cannot find the ioio unless in the bootload mode.

Frank Li

Feb 4, 2015, 1:05:15 PM2/4/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
I am a little bit confused. I used App-IOIO0500.ioioapp to update the firmware, so it should be the latest. However I can not check it, because my laptop can not detect the ioio unless in bootloader mode.

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 4, 2015, 1:08:39 PM2/4/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Did the upgrade (write) succeed? If so, disable USB debugging and connect the IOIO to your phone. Let it launch the HelloIOIO app. If it does work, connect the phone to your PC, enable USB debugging and examine the app's logcat output. Let me know what the IOIO-related messages are there.
BTW, are you using the precompiled HelloIOIO? If not, please use it before moving forward to your own compiled one, since you might be compiling it wrong.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Frank Li <fran...@machinetelemetry.com> wrote:
I am a little bit confused. I used App-IOIO0500.ioioapp to update the firmware, so it should be the latest. However I can not check it, because my laptop can not detect the ioio unless in bootloader mode.

Frank Li

Feb 4, 2015, 1:22:44 PM2/4/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot!! Now it is working !! I spent one and half day trying to fix this. I guess the upgrade did not succeed last time. Here is another thing I tried to figure it out. I bought a bluetoothadaptor in Best Buy but it does not work with ioio, I guess thats because the version is 4.0. Do you have any recommendations which bluetooth adaptor should I buy?

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 4, 2015, 1:41:01 PM2/4/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Most adapters work. Here's a partial list:

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 10:22 AM, Frank Li <fran...@machinetelemetry.com> wrote:
Thanks a lot!! Now it is working !! I spent one and half day trying to fix this. I guess the upgrade did not succeed last time. Here is another thing I tried to figure it out. I bought a bluetoothadaptor in Best Buy but it does not work with ioio, I guess thats because the version is 4.0. Do you have any recommendations which bluetooth adaptor should I buy?

Frank Li

Feb 4, 2015, 5:08:02 PM2/4/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
I am just wondering for some adapters, we need to install drivers to make it work. How can I install drivers on ioio?

Thanks

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 4, 2015, 5:09:38 PM2/4/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

You cannot (easily). Either they work or they don't. Most do.

On Feb 4, 2015 2:08 PM, "Frank Li" <fran...@machinetelemetry.com> wrote:
I am just wondering for some adapters, we need to install drivers to make it work. How can I install drivers on ioio?

Thanks

Frank Li

Feb 4, 2015, 5:16:23 PM2/4/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much for answering my questions patiently!

Frank Li

Feb 4, 2015, 5:28:42 PM2/4/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I am still a little bit confused. If the adapter works, does it mean that all we need to do is to plug it in ioio,  and then we can find and pair it by phone or lapto?

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 4, 2015, 5:29:18 PM2/4/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Yes

On Feb 4, 2015 2:28 PM, "Frank Li" <fran...@machinetelemetry.com> wrote:
Sorry I am still a little bit confused. If the adapter works, does it mean that all we need to do is to plug it in ioio,  and then we can find and pair it by phone or lapto?

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 4, 2015, 5:30:03 PM2/4/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Make sure the little trim pot for current limiting on the IOIO is fully clockwise.