Laser Motion Measurement Sensor. Can use with IOIO?

michaela...@hotmail.com

Apr 30, 2015, 3:09:15 AM4/30/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys,

Looking for a really accurate motion measurement sensor to help track my IOIO robot.

I found this: ADNS-9800 Laser Motion Sensor (https://www.tindie.com/products/jkicklighter/adns-9800-optical-laser-sensor/)

Can someone please have a look and see if this would work with the IOIO?

Would I need a Java library? (Apparently for Arduino you need the Arduino SPI library) or would it be a simple hookup?

I've come across other tuts about using a standard (oldschool PS-2 protocol (NOT USB)) mouse lazer mechanism to make a motion measurement sensor. But has the above sensor simplified the process?

Thanks in advance.

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Apr 30, 2015, 8:10:37 PM4/30/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
It looks like it should work with the standard SPI interface on the IOIO. You'd need to implement a device driver in Java. Judging by a quick look at the Arduino library, translating to Java should be too hard.

michaela...@hotmail.com

Apr 30, 2015, 10:44:04 PM4/30/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
should be too hard -OR- shouldn't ?