IOIO does not initialize correctly as an accessory

Paul Sneller

May 29, 2015, 2:00:16 PM5/29/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My IOIO-OTG is working well once I get it started, but I'm having some serious initialization problems.

The only way I seem to be able to get it to work correctly is if the first android device I connect it to after power-up has usb debug on.  Then I turn usb debug off and everything works great, and I can disconnect and reconnect to different android devices just fine.

If the first device I connect to after power up has usb debug off, then it connects as an accessory, but none of the IOIO apps recognize it, and no amount of fiddling will make it work without a power reset on the IOIO.

I'm running android 4.4.2 on all the devices I'm testing with, and this is my version info:

IOIOLib: IOIO0504
Firmware: IOIO500
Bootloader: IOIO0401
Hardware: SPRK0020

Any help or ideas you could provide would be much appreciated

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

May 29, 2015, 5:13:07 PM5/29/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Interesting... This is the first time I get a report about a problem that indicates a different behavior between connection attempts. Is this absolutely repeatable every time? Are all the phones you test with the same? Have you tried with others (perhaps, slightly different versions of Android, different brands, etc.)?