IOIO software v5.05 and old IOIO projects

Francesco

Dec 22, 2015, 9:20:26 PM12/22/15
to ioio-users
Hi Ytai,

I am trying to rebuilt an application that uses a IOIO-OTG with a bluetooth dongle to send the temperature readings captured by a MAX31855 (a SPI-interfaced Thermocouple to Digital Converter with Cold Junction Compensation by MAXIM IC) to an Android smartphone.

Here is a small code snippet of my application:

import ioio.lib.api.IOIO;
import ioio.lib.api.SpiMaster;
import ioio.lib.api.exception.ConnectionLostException;
import ioio.lib.util.IOIOLooper;
import ioio.lib.util.android.IOIOActivity;

public class MainActivity extends IOIOActivity {

    protected static final float FAULT_DISPLAY_DURATION = 3; // duration of faults message [s]

    int sdoPin = 35; // DO
    int sdaPin = 36; // MAX31855 doesn't have a data input pin, but the IOIOLib requires we specify it, so we pick an unused pin
    int sclPin = 37; // CLK
    int csPin  = 4; // CS

This application builds correctly in Eclipse Luna until software v5.04; however if I try to build it using IOIO software v5.05 Eclipse reports the error "IOIOActivity cannot be resolved to a type".

Can I ask you if this is a known behaviour? Has the class IOIOActivity been deprecated (I cannot find a IOIOActivity.java in project IOIOLibAndroid)?

Is there any chance to upgrade my project to software v5.05?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Francesco - Italy

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Dec 23, 2015, 3:23:41 PM12/23/15