Latest firmware versions

Del

Apr 14, 2014, 9:42:25 AM4/14/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, just got my ioio-otg from seedstudio and thought I'd get the firmware up to latest. I am not sure what 'upgrade path' is though.

My current firmware is as follows,

Hardware version: SPRK0020
Bootloader version: IOIO0400
Platform version: IOIO0030

Is the platform version denoted as 'App' in image files? If so what is sequence of images I should execute in order to get to latest version?

Thanks much for assistance.

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Apr 14, 2014, 1:00:54 PM4/14/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
All downloads are here: https://github.com/ytai/ioio/wiki/Downloads
As of writing this, the latest firmware version is 5.00 and the latest software (Android/PC side) is v5.03.

Del

Apr 14, 2014, 3:06:54 PM4/14/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks I've been to that page before posting the question. Just found ioiodude app blocking upgrade and wanted to know what order of upgrades should be from my version, especially 0030 version, which firmware should be loaded next? All images I thought logically was incremental gets blocked. Thanks for a cool product though Ytai.

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Apr 14, 2014, 3:09:16 PM4/14/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
You don't need to touch the bootloader. The versions you sent in your original post are bootloader / hardware versions and not app versions. Firmware updates are not incremental, you can just straight to v5.00.

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Del <lot...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks I've been to that page before posting the question. Just found ioiodude app blocking upgrade and wanted to know what order of upgrades should be from my version, especially 0030 version, which firmware should be loaded next? All images I thought logically was incremental gets blocked. Thanks for a cool product though Ytai.

Del

Apr 14, 2014, 4:37:35 PM4/14/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
So I should be able to unpack DevBoot-IOIO0401-App-IOIO0500.zip and flashto this firmware directly on top of the version i currently have? I noticed this is for use with a programmer though, what file (link) should be used with IOIODude to get me to the same version?

I thought I had done this but got blocked by IOIODude but will try it again if you indicate that this should be possible.

Thanks

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Apr 14, 2014, 5:25:59 PM4/14/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
That's the direct link to the application bundle, which is not the one you mentioned:

Those bootloader + app files are mostly for use by the manufacturers. The app bundles that you should be using are obtained by clicking on the QR code on the "Client Software and IOIO Application Firmware Images" table.

What do you mean by "blocked by IOIODude" exactly?

Del

Apr 14, 2014, 5:43:37 PM4/14/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
By blocking I mean  that IOIODude indicates 'Application bundle does not include an image for the platform IOIO0030'. I seem to recollect that I had run IOIO0500 and it seemed like it was working but afterwards verifying (using versions switch) it still indicated firmware as mentioned in first post. If you indicate though that IOIO0500 should execute then I will try again and post if unsuccessful. Thanks very much for assistance toadte and the prompt response. Keep up the good work!

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Apr 14, 2014, 5:58:34 PM4/14/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
On your original post there's no indication for which app firmware version is running. To find that out you need to run the same 'ioiodude versions' command after that IOIO has been booted into normal (i.e. non-bootloader) mode.