Trouble Interfacing IOIO V1 with Jellybean Android

Ryan Bates

Apr 16, 2014, 3:11:01 PM4/16/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
I have a IOIO V1 with Blink loaded (I can see it blinking).  Now I have an Android app (.apk) that I want to interface with it, but it is not registering any connection (even though the android sees it as a media device).  USB debugging is turned off, and I have had little luck with existing documentation.  Any advice?  Thanks!

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Apr 16, 2014, 3:24:29 PM4/16/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
The blink app is not intended to establish any sort of connection to the Android. It is a simple demonstration of how you can build arbitrary apps that run on the IOIO and install them using the bootloader.

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Ryan Bates <ryan.jam...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a IOIO V1 with Blink loaded (I can see it blinking).  Now I have an Android app (.apk) that I want to interface with it, but it is not registering any connection (even though the android sees it as a media device).  USB debugging is turned off, and I have had little luck with existing documentation.  Any advice?  Thanks!

Ryan Bates

Apr 16, 2014, 3:59:42 PM4/16/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Right, I think I understand.  The issue now is that I want to run an app that does connect the two, and I'm not sure what to load on.

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Apr 16, 2014, 4:16:32 PM4/16/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
You need to install the standard app firmware, e.g. App-IOIO0500.ioioapp

Ryan Bates

May 2, 2014, 7:43:45 PM5/2/14
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for your help!