Using the IOIO with Android 6

Kris Dos Santos

Jun 24, 2016, 9:41:59 PM6/24/16
to ioio-users
Hey all,

I'm currently using the IOIO for a robotics platform that I'm developing

Thing is, I'm getting a custom built tablet to run Android 6 on our platform, and the IOIO has already decided that it will not interface with it.  Now, I've already enable USB debugging, charging comes up, the little "bug" comes up, but I go to run HelloIOIO, and the button does not enable (even when I disable USB debugging).

I tested this against my Samsung S7 running Android 6, and it works just fine (it's even able to do PWM control).  But I'm stuck right now.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kris

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Jun 24, 2016, 10:47:33 PM6/24/16
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

I don't think there's anything fundamentally problematic with Android 6. You definitely need to have USB debugging off. If the accessory dialog doesn't pop up, it is more likely a problem with the tablet than with the IOIO.
You may try running the IOIO in device mode and see whether this works.