Android application freezes when using OTG but works fine in bridge

Park Seung Hyun

Jun 3, 2018, 3:57:30 PM6/3/18
to ioio-users
Hi, I'm new using the IOIO Board, and it's the first time that I'm trying to make a project out of Android.

My phone is Samsung Galaxy S7, and it recently got updated to Oreo 8.0. I'm trying to connect the board to my phone via OTG and move two servo motors utilizing the sensors inside my phone.

The problem that I'm faced with is this, the application freezes whenever the IOIO board is connected to the phone via OTG. It freezes and crashes a few seconds later. If I disconnect the board before the total crash, the app unfreezes and works again.

I've tried the same thing with IOIO bridge and it works perfectly fine with the bridge.

Are there any fixes for the problem? Thanks.