IOIO-OTG and OpenAccessory problem with Nexus 7 (2013)

Ole Tetzschner

May 8, 2015, 10:38:13 AM5/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Hi IOIO-users

Nexus 7 (2013 Android 5.1) won't connect to IOIO-OTG (version 0504) over USB (OpenAccessory). Yes debug-mode is disabled. No dialog is shown, the IOIO-OTG is only charging the Nexus. Bluetooth works fine on the Nexus 2013. Yes the USB-port works, I can connect it to my PC.

If I connect the IOIO-OTG to my HTC One M7 phone (Android 5.0.2) over USB it works. I get the "IOIO Standard Application"-dialog. If I install HelloIOIO i can toggle the LED. HTC One M7 with both USB and bluetooth.

Any wise words about the Nexus 7 problem?

Kind regards, Ole

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

May 8, 2015, 5:43:25 PM5/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Not sure. This device generally works AFAIK. Things to try:
  • Different USB cable.
  • Mess with the USB settings of the Nexus.

Ole Tetzschner

May 13, 2015, 4:23:22 AM5/13/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
That's it :) go to Settings -> Storage and enable MTP. Thanks Ytai