IOIO libusb configurations, how do they differ?

Vijay Ganesan

Jan 24, 2015, 8:13:49 PM1/24/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I tried searching for this earlier but was unable to find much (maybe I was just searching the wrong keywords), so could anyone tell me or point me to some documentation that explains the difference between the following libusb configurations (context: building firmware)?:

OTG
OTG_ADB
CDC
(Unmarked)

I'm aware of what the acronyms stand for, but aside from CDC (which I know exists for PC support), how exactly do these differ? If I were to use CDC, does that mean I couldn't expect my device to interact with a tablet via ADB? Or if I used OTG_ADB it would only be able to communicate via ADB and OpenAccessory with the tablet (no CDC)?

I'm sure the answer is obvious, but there's some ambiguity that's causing me some confusion.

Thanks.

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Jan 25, 2015, 3:07:57 PM1/25/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Look at the preprocessor definitions for each configuration to see what the differences are. Essentially, what you're seeing is that some configurations have reduced functionality in order to decease the code size of the bootloader, which doesn't need everything. The app always uses the fully functional configuration, which is the OTG for the IOIO OTG, and the unqualified for the IOIO v1, which doesn't support OTG.