IOIO OTG can't connect to phone or tablet

Rodolfo Navarro

Apr 29, 2015, 5:58:07 PM4/29/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Recently buy a IOIO OTG, first connect to bluetooth and I can view the device as IOIO0250, later I connect to my tablet galaxy tab 10" and recognize it. But a next day never more the bluetooth or connect to tablet, smartphone, no view the IOIO. When I connect to PC, I can execute any jar. By example HELLOIOIOCONSOLE.JAR or HELLOIOIOSWING.JAR. I don't understand what happens.
I updated to firmware yet!
Hardware version: SPRK0020
Bootloader version: IOIO0400
Application version: IOIO0500

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Apr 29, 2015, 5:59:34 PM4/29/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
When you power the IOIO without connecting it to anything, does the red LED turn on?

Rodolfo Navarro

May 6, 2015, 1:13:12 PM5/6/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, red led turn on

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

May 8, 2015, 2:02:39 AM5/8/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
When you power the IOIO and connect it to the tablet, does the charging icon appear on the tablet? Does the Open Accessory dialog pop up? Did you remember to turn USB debugging off on the tablet?

Mohammad Alsharif

May 11, 2015, 4:18:45 PM5/11/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ytai,

I am using the IOIO OTG and I am just starting with it. I am trying to run HelloIOIO on two cell phones, Samsung S2 and Xperia Z3 Compact. When I connect the the IOIO board to the Samsung it works fine, the phones recognizes it and by running the app I can turn the onboard red LED on and off, but when I connect the Z3, simply nothing happens, only the green Pwr LED turns on and that's it. Both phones aren't in the debugging mode.

Any idea how to fix the issue with the Z3?

Thanks

Mohammad Alsharif

May 11, 2015, 4:18:46 PM5/11/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Finally my phone connects to the IOIO board, but without charging the phone. Any idea why?

Thanks

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

May 12, 2015, 2:06:23 AM5/12/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
I think some phones won't charge unless connected to a "fast" charger, which is identified by having the USB data line shorted (which means, there can be no data connection). It is possible that the behavior of when to charge can be tweaked in the settings.