Quick question about supporting Android Lollipop for IOIO v1 board

sin...@stronghold.kr

Apr 22, 2016, 3:16:09 PM4/22/16
to ioio-users
Hello,

I have an IOIO v1 board (HW rev : SPRK0020), and several kinds of Android tablets.
I usually used Android Kitkat tablet for developing IOIO application for a while, and there was no problem USB connection or any operations between IOIO board and tablet.

Recently I brought new Android tablets which are Android Lollipop v5.1.1 version (LG GPAD2, Lenovo A10-70F)
With new tablets, however, I couldn't make USB connection with IOIO v1 board.
I also tried to run HelloIOIOService on Android Lollipop tablet, but it didn't work, neither.
For reference, I enabled Developer option and USB debugging for the tablets.

Does anyone know to support Android Lollipop tablet or phone with IOIO v1 board? Is it officially supporting?

Thanks, in advance.

- Sinjin

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Apr 22, 2016, 3:18:46 PM4/22/16
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
It should work. However, with Android >= 4.2.2 you must turn USB debugging off on the Android device and do your connection over OpenAccessory.
Also, make sure you have recent firmware on your IOIO, just in case.

sin...@stronghold.kr

Apr 25, 2016, 1:38:14 AM4/25/16
to ioio-users
Thanks for your quick reply. :-)

As you recommended, I turned USB debugging off on the tablet, and I modified to use Open Accessory mode for my IOIO app.
And then I could connect IOIO v1 board and new tablets.

But I'm still wondering that why ADB mode is not supported over Android v4.2.2?
Actually I'm currently using Android tablet with KitKat v4.4.4, and there was no connection problem with ADB mode, so far.

Thanks

- Sinjin

2016년 4월 23일 토요일 오전 4시 16분 9초 UTC+9, sin...@stronghold.kr 님의 말:

sin...@stronghold.kr

Apr 25, 2016, 1:55:48 AM4/25/16
to ioio-users
Oh, I just found another article about ADT and Android version issue.
I'll have a look the link first.

- Sinjin

2016년 4월 25일 월요일 오후 2시 38분 14초 UTC+9, sin...@stronghold.kr 님의 말:

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Apr 25, 2016, 2:14:23 AM4/25/16
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

The protocol had changed in 4.2.2 to include an authentication feature. I've never implemented it.

sin...@stronghold.kr

Apr 25, 2016, 2:27:09 AM4/25/16
to ioio-users
Thanks for your explanation :-)

Best Regards,
Sinjin

2016년 4월 25일 월요일 오후 3시 14분 23초 UTC+9, Ytai 님의 말: