ioio and bluetooth 2.0 vs 4.0

Linus Anderberg

Apr 21, 2015, 6:02:51 AM4/21/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
I'm using my ioio to do a custom tablet installation in a car. Currently the charge current (500mA) won't cover the tablet consumption so I need to charge from a regular charger which can provide 2A. This means I need to do my data over bluetooth but right now i have a few analog sensors that need high transfer rate and bluetooth 2.0 is just to slow. Will I get less latency and more bandwidth with 4.0?

Or do you guys have any other sugestion how to build a custom cable to draw power from a external power source and at the same time get data from ioio?

Cheers
Linus

Linus Anderberg

Apr 21, 2015, 3:18:32 PM4/21/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Would this sulotion work for building a cable that uses a charger and ioio data on the same cable?

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Apr 21, 2015, 6:44:05 PM4/21/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
The power question has been asked and answered several times. The answer is that you can't do that. Search the forum for details if you care.

As far as Bluetooth speed, I'm not sure whether there's a difference in rate. I recommend that you simply try different dongles, since they're so cheap.
Alternatively, if you don't need 1kHz sampling rate, you can reduce it using a one-line change in firmware.

Linus Anderberg

Apr 22, 2015, 3:09:46 AM4/22/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
I actually tried to build the cable i was referring to in my first post. It worked on my galaxy note 3 but not on my tab S tablets, I guess the kernel trigger charging a bit different on the tablet. Anyway for some Samsung units it looks like you can work something out.
I saw someone had soldered 5v/A directly to the micro usb port on the ioio board. Would that work?

I also tried different dongles last night and it was a bit better with a 4.0 but it is still to slow.
I have been searching like a mad man for a solution and I still do just wanted to ask again if someone recently came up with an idea.

"Alternatively, if you don't need 1kHz sampling rate, you can reduce it using a one-line change in firmware."
How do i go about to change the sample rate?

Linus Anderberg

Apr 22, 2015, 5:04:11 AM4/22/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
Never mind my question about sample rate. I found how to do it. Thanks.