IOIO OTG not connecting to smartphone

Ahmed Khalil

Feb 13, 2017, 7:04:28 PM2/13/17
to ioio-users
Hello all,

I am new to IOIO and have been struggling with connecting to my phone. The phone runs Android 6.0.1. I've downloaded a bunch of apps including Hello IOIO and IOIO Manager. None recognize a connection. I know most connectivity issues can be traced back to incompatible firmware and software versions, so to be safe, I've downloaded and tested every version. Nothing. I also always made sure that USB debugging is off. Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Ahmed

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Feb 14, 2017, 12:28:00 AM2/14/17
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
With the latest firmware, when powering the IOIO and connecting to the phone, are you getting a charge icon or a dialog asking for which application to run?
Also, have you tried using the IOIO as a USB device rather than a host?