Ioio v1 application software usable with ioio-OTG?

Olli Pyynönen

Nov 29, 2015, 2:30:57 AM11/29/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com

Hello!
I'm gnolidge the IOIO-boards can be update with newer version firmware, but is it possible "downdate" the OTG-board with earlier application firmware and bootloader firmware?
It seems our application software (written for IOIO v1) does not command/respond with IOIO-OTG at all.
The IOIO-OTG
firmware: ...0330
bootloader:...0400
IOIOLIB... 0504(??)
Board: sprk 0020

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Nov 29, 2015, 4:06:57 AM11/29/15
to ioio-...@googlegroups.com
This seems like the wrong question. We should be asking "why doesn't the IOIO-OTG work?", because it really should.
One thing that is possibly a problem is the fact that the firmware version is older than IOIOLib version. Upgrade the firmware to 5.06 before moving forward.

If you then want to debug this systematically, let's figure out:
  1. Does the Android indicate charging while connected to the IOIO?
  2. Does the Open Accessory dialog pop up when you connect?
  3. Are there any IOIO related messages in the log (logcat)?

Ytai Ben-Tsvi

Nov 29, 2015, 12:04:02 PM11/29/15
to olli pyynönen, ioio-...@googlegroups.com

1. Right-click the inf file and choose install. Then connect the IOIO. The actual driver is included in windows. The inf just tells windows to use it.
2. You cannot do firmware upgrades from Android on the IOIO-OTG at this time.

On Nov 29, 2015 3:47 AM, "olli pyynönen" <kiin...@gmail.com> wrote:

The ioio-otg is upgradeable only via PC, right? When connecting otg to PC, the is no driver found on PC (windows 8.1). How to get right driver to loaded in PC, github offer only a ioio.inf for drivers.
1.How to get drivers to PC?
2. Can the firmware uploading be done direct via android device (as IOIO-manager with V1 board)?