From: Thomas J. Tobin <dr.t...@att.net>
Date: Mon, May 15, 2017 at 11:20 AM
Subject: [POD] Get Your Copy of "The Copyright Ninja" Comic!
To: "discu...@podnetwork.org" <discu...@podnetwork.org>

It's finally here!

The Copyright Ninja

Cover art for "The Copyright Ninja" comic book
Hello, POD colleagues.

Today I'm celebrating the release of my new comic book, The Copyright Ninja: Rise of the Ninja (St. Aubin Comics, 2017).

Meet William Ullswater, a university lawyer. When his faculty and administrative colleagues ask him copyright questions, he's obliged to say "it depends" in various ways. Bill is frustrated because he knows simple, easy-to-remember-and-use ways to think about copyright in higher ed, but he can't share them in his role as a lawyer.

One winter evening at martial arts practice, he learns about nindō (the ninja way of serving others secretly), and the Copyright Ninja is born. To deliver special packets of copyright guidance to his colleagues, the Copyright Ninja must evade several challenges—the night janitor, security cameras, even barking dogs.

Will he be unmasked?

Will his colleagues keep his secret?

Find out in this new comic book written especially for faculty members, staff members, librarians, and campus leaders in colleges and universities in the United States and Canada.

Check out a sample page from the comic book, and order your copies today.

I'd love to hear from you about how you and your colleagues feel about the strength of copyright knowledge on your campus, too. Drop me a line at dr.t...@att.net, and let's set up a 10-minute phone call.

Thanks,

Tom

s/ Thomas J. Tobin, PhD, MSLS, PMP, MOT

127 Presidents Drive
State College, PA 16803
312-810-0805 mobile
dr.t...@att.net
thomasjtobin.com
my calendar (Eastern time) • LinkedIn • Twitter • Facebook
Order Your Copies
Disclaimer: The information contained in this comic book is provided for educational purposes only. It’s not a substitute for legal advice, and is not to be construed as the rendering of a legal opinion. Most of the ideas and concepts in this comic have lots more detail behind them. I want to keep you on the right side of the law 90% of the time, not make you experts. The author is not a lawyer. This comic is based on more than 25 years of my practice as an educator, faculty developer, and all-around copyright nerd. Rest assured, though, that actual lawyers have looked over these ideas and given them their general blessing.

Well, they gave their blessing about the copyright ideas. They didn’t say much about the ninja stuff, actually.

--
If you are having technical difficulties with this email group, please contact ec...@podnetwork.org

Archives of the POD Listserv from 11/1998 through 12/2015 are available at listserv.nd.edu/archives/pod.html
---