IP Annual: Progress?

Clancy Ratliff

Jan 8, 2015, 10:27:39 AM1/8/15
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com, Estee N Beck, ten...@tengrrl.com, Chet Breaux, Amy Propen

Hi everyone,

This is the working Table of Contents for the 2014 CCCC-IP Annual. Please check in with me to let me know whether or not you can still write your piece. The deadline again is the last day of February.

Kim Gainer, Sherlock Holmes case

Jeff Galin, Georgia State University fair use case update

Wendy Warren Austin, Slavoj Žižek book review plagiarism case

Laurie Cubbison, Nic Pizzolatto "True Detective" plagiarism accusation

Karen Lunsford, California open access law on publicly funded research

Carol Mohrbacher, review of EFF white paper "Unintended Consequences - 16 Years Under the DMCA"

Christopher Gerben, review of EFF white paper "Open Wi-Fi and Copyright: A Primer for Network Operators"

Steven Engel, Montana senator John Walsh plagiarism case

Mike Edwards, review of EFF white paper "Collateral Damages: Why Congress Needs To Fix Copyright Law’s Civil Penalties"

Traci Zimmerman, review of documentary film "The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz"

Amy Propen, Mapping the Mangroves project (open data and biodiversity): https://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/43541

Estee Beck, Copyright and the Cloud

Traci Gardner, 2014 resources for teaching about IP issues

Chet Breaux, The Maker Movement in 2014

Clancy Ratliff, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Assistant Director of First-Year Writing
Department of English
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
http://culturecat.net/portfolio/

Annette Vee

Jan 8, 2015, 10:44:50 AM1/8/15
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
Clancy,

Looks great! Sorry I'm not participating this year. I'm on maternity leave this semester (due any day now!) so am scaling back. Good luck and I'll look forward to reading it when it comes out.

-Annette

--

---

Zimmerman, Traci Arnett - zimmerta

Jan 8, 2015, 10:49:10 AM1/8/15
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
Clancy,

I'm still "on" for my piece — and what an exciting table of contents you've assembled.

And congratulations to you Annette!

Best,
Traci

Dr. Traci Zimmerman
Academic Unit Head and Professor
School of Writing, Rhetoric and Technical Communication
James Madison University
Harrison Hall 2252

Clancy Ratliff

Cubbison, Laurie

Jan 8, 2015, 11:02:31 AM1/8/15
to <intellectual-property-caucus@googlegroups.com>, Estee N Beck, ten...@tengrrl.com, Chet Breaux, Amy Propen
I switched over to Taylor Swift vs. Spotify.

Sent from my iPad

Jeff Galin

Jan 9, 2015, 3:06:44 PM1/9/15
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com

I should have no problem making the deadline.   I just finished reading every thing and have started writing.
Cheers,
Jrg

Gainer, Kim

Jan 9, 2015, 3:07:34 PM1/9/15
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com

I’m also good.

I should have no problem making the deadline.   I just finished reading every thing and have started writing.
Cheers,
Jrg

sengel

Jan 9, 2015, 9:19:58 PM1/9/15