2019 CCCC-IP Proposal Draft -- please comment, change, fill in, adjust, etc.

Wendy Austin

Apr 29, 2018, 9:54:12 PM4/29/18
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
Hello, everyone,

Here is a working draft of the proposal for the 2019 IP-Caucus. At this year's meeting in Kansas City, many of you who were there know that we had a bit of a smaller turnout than some years, for no particular reason that I could discern (except that KC is a bit far for many) and that we split into 2 larger roundtable discussion groups instead of the original three (or was it four?) that we had originally projected.

We talked about a lot of possible action items that aren't completely described in the proposal (although they are briefly)  that I am linking to this email, but, as always, there is a word limit and between now and next March a lot more details will transpire.

I listed people's names as roundtable leaders (co-leaders, really), but I didn't have a good sense of who wanted to be with which roundtable.
PLEASE LOOK OVER THE PROPOSAL AND EITHER:
  • LEAVE YOUR NAME WHERE IT IS IF YOU ARE FINE WITH WHICH TABLE I PUT YOU WITH, OR
  • MOVE YOUR NAME TO A TABLE WITH THE TOPIC YOU WANT TO WORK ON (or OMIT YOUR NAME, if desired),
AND
  • IF YOU ARE OKAY WITH THE ROUNDTABLE THAT I CONNECTED YOU WITH, PLEASE LET ME KNOW THAT AND
  • ADD THE APPROPRIATE IDENTIFYING INFORMATION (EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBER)

ALSO, feel free to edit the descriptions and/or proposal to reflect a more accurate sense of what you would like the meeting and roundtables to discuss.
Thanks.

Wendy Warren Austin
2019 CCCC-IP Senior Chair
Please review this proposal by Wed, May 2