IP Annual, Reminder

1 view

Clancy Ratliff

Feb 4, 2017, 11:46:22 AM2/4/17
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com, Cristina Hanganu-Bresch
Hi everyone,

How are the IP Annual pieces coming? Please email me off-list. This is a reminder that the deadline is March 1. Thanks!

Table of Contents:

Kim Gainer: Harper Lee’s estate not allowing mass-market paperback of To Kill a Mockingbird: https://newrepublic.com/article/131400/mass-market-edition-kill-mockingbird-dead

Traci Zimmerman: Apple device camera blocker: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36672001

Wendy Warren Austin: Plagiarism and crossword puzzles: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-plagiarism-scandal-is-unfolding-in-the-crossword-world/

Jim Porter: Community college president's speech and plagiarism:
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/02/16/president-kirkwood-community-college-admits-plagiarism-speech?utm_content=buffer6e2d2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=IHEbuffer

Steven Engel: Melania Trump's RNC speech plagiarized from Michelle Obama

Chris Gerben: Erin Pike's performance of only the women's parts from a variety of plays: https://www.thestranger.com/blogs/slog/2016/02/05/23529285/erin-pike-performs-only-the-womens-parts-from-the-most-produced-plays-in-america-and-its-brilliant
and
https://www.thestranger.com/blogs/slog/2016/02/12/23562675/thatswhatshesaid-didnt-ask-permission-because-they-didnt-have-to-says-attorney

Cristina Hanganu-Bresch: copyright and memes: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2015/09/08/how-copyright-is-killing-your-favorite-memes/

Craig Meyer: Market for ghost-written dissertations is booming in Russia, Macedonia, and Bosnia: http://www.dw.com/en/trade-in-academic-work-thrives-in-macedonia-and-bosnia/a-19226013?maca=en-rss_en_nr_home-7347-xml-mrss AND http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/05/the_thriving_russian_black_market_in_dissertations_and_the_crusaders_fighting.html

Clancy Ratliff, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Assistant Director of First-Year Writing
Department of English
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
http://culturecat.net/portfolio/

Clancy Ratliff

Gainer, Kim

Feb 19, 2017, 5:10:05 PM2/19/17
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com

Clancy,

Still in. Sent you an emailed update just now.

Best,

Kim

--

---

Wendy Warren Austin

Feb 20, 2017, 7:13:26 PM2/20/17
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com

Clancy, I'm still in, too. It's more of a thin article at present, and I'm still trying to find a closer connection to R/C concerns with it.
Wendy

Get Outlook for Android