Taking Action Workshops at Cs 2016: Facilitator Invitation

Jim Purdy

Feb 15, 2016, 9:38:23 AM2/15/16
to CCCC-IP, pur...@duq.edu

Dear all,

Linda Adler-Kasner asked me to forward the invitation below to members of the CCCC-IP Caucus. Please contact her directly if you are interested.

Thank you,

Jim

Dear Colleagues,

As you’re making your schedules for CCCC 2016, be sure to make time for the Taking Action workshops!

The TA Workshops are designed to help you take strategic action on issues that matter to you. There are five workshops in all, each facilitated by professional organizers/activists, and each will be offered twice daily on Thursday and Friday. There’s no preregistration required or additional costs for participating — just come with concerns and leave with strategies for action! You can attend as many as you’d like in any order.

The five workshops will focus on:

Naming and Narrowing Issues

Building Alliances

Framing Messages

Contributing to Policy

Making Action Plans

You can find an overview of the workshops at http://www.ncte.org/cccc/conv/act and see descriptions and a schedule for each workshop at http://www.ncte.org/cccc/conv/action-descriptions . If you’d like additional information, have questions, or anything else, please contact me at adler-...@writing.ucsb.edu, too.

CCCC 2016’s Taking Action Workshops will provide opportunities to develop specific strategies for action. These workshops, facilitated by professional organizers ...

See you in Houston!

Linda

---
Linda Adler-Kassner

Program Chair, 2016 Conference on College Composition and Communication
Associate Dean, Undergraduate Education

Professor of Writing Studies

University of California, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-3010