Call for Nominations CCCC IP Caucus Co-Chair

Tim

Feb 16, 2015, 11:01:11 AM2/16/15
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleagues:

As CCCCs 2015 approaches, James Purdy and I have turned toward the task of organizing our annual business meeting. Following the conclusion of the meeting, Jim will rotate into the senior chair position vacating the junior chair. (Welcome, Jim! Thank you for your support this year!) In accordance with our by-laws, we will hold an election for the incoming co-chair position. Toward that aim, the nominating committee is excited to announce this call for nominations for the position of co-chair of the CCCC-IP.

The
caucus has two co-chairs, a senior and a junior chair.  A chair appointment is for two years, and the appointments are staggered: a senior chair serves his/her second year while a junior chair serves his/her first.
The rising senior co-chair of the caucus is responsible for drafting the proposal, planning the annual meeting, leading the meeting, and writing a detailed report of the activities and attendance at the meeting. Once the senior co-chair’s tenure is complete, he or she serves on the CCCC IP Committee for at least one year. The junior co-chair assists the senior chair in leading the meeting, takes minutes, and advises the senior co-chair in constructing the meeting agenda. The junior co-chair also assumes responsibility for publicizing the public meeting of the caucus.

We encourage eligible members who have an interest in running for this position to send an email and CV to members of the nominating committee (Charlie Lowe cel4145 [at] gmail [dot] com, Tim Amidon amidont [at] gmail [dot] com, and James Purdy purdyj [at] duq [dot] edu by February 28, 2014. Eligible candidates will hold an active CCCCs membership, have participated in previous caucus meetings, have a demonstrated record of scholarship, service, or teaching that is related to intellectual property, and will not have served as a chair in the last three years. If you have questions about the process, the position, or eligibility, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the nominating committee for more information. We look forward to seeing you all soon!

Best,
tra

Timothy R. Amidon, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor