Questions for those who have written for the IP Annual

Clancy Ratliff

May 10, 2018, 3:10:55 PM5/10/18
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!

If you've written a piece for the IP Annual, any year, I would greatly appreciate a few "if so, explain" remarks on any or all of these questions:

1. Have your IP Annual publications been recognized and rewarded by your institutions in your annual reports, reappointment, tenure, and/or promotion, or post-tenure review applications?

2. Have you been able to use the writing you've done for IP Annual pieces as a springboard into a longer scholarly article, book chapter, monograph, or similar? Have you cited IP Annual pieces in your writing for other publications?

3. Have you used any IP Annual articles in your teaching, teacher training, or interactions with university administration (for example, about Turnitin)?

4. Are there other ways not mentioned in the above questions that writing for the IP Annual has benefited you professionally?

Clancy Ratliff, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Assistant Director of First-Year Writing
Department of English
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
http://culturecat.net/portfolio/

Jeff Galin

May 10, 2018, 10:02:58 PM5/10/18
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
Clancy,
I have used them in my promotion file, but am not sure they are being valued much. I have been able to use them for annual evaluations to demonstrate that I continue to publish.

I have one or two as parts of other articles or chapters.

Not for teaching.

visibility online for contributing to national conversations on IP issues.

--

---

Jeffrey R. Galin

Gainer, Kim

May 10, 2018, 10:16:54 PM5/10/18
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com

1. Have your IP Annual publications been recognized and rewarded by your institutions in your annual reports, reappointment, tenure, and/or promotion, or post-tenure review applications?

Yes, the publications have been recognized and rewarded by my university. I always include them in my annual report, they were credited toward my promotion from associate to full, and my chair and dean remark upon them favorably.

2. Have you been able to use the writing you've done for IP Annual pieces as a springboard into a longer scholarly article, book chapter, monograph, or similar? Have you cited IP Annual pieces in your writing for other publications?

3. Have you used any IP Annual articles in your teaching, teacher training, or interactions with university administration (for example, about Turnitin)?

4. Are there other ways not mentioned in the above questions that writing for the IP Annual has benefited you professionally?

My contributions to the annual have helped me gain the reputation at my university as one of the persons who can provide information or point people to information about IP issues.

Kim Gainer