ACCTION ITEMS > CCCC 2017 business meeting

Danielle Nicole Devoss

Mar 18, 2017, 11:07:05 AM3/18/17
to anie...@odu.edu, klun...@writing.ucsb.edu, lo...@umn.edu, elkh...@nmsu.edu, jme...@ewu.edu, lcub...@radford.edu, mike.e...@wsu.edu, lauralea...@wsu.edu, kga...@tradford.edu, clancy....@gmail.com, ami...@gmail.com, intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com, Jessica Reyman

Hello, all!

I just added to our shared Google Drive folder a doc with a list of action items from our business meeting on Wednesday.

I’ve also posted them in below, and shared this email with the larger Google Groups list.

Danielle

*************************

ONGOING ACTION ITEMS

·        Make sure we retain the 2:00-5:30pm Wednesday meeting time at upcoming CCCCs.

IMMEDIATE ACTION ITEMS

·        See if junior chair nominees are willing to serve; create ballot and vote (nominations due/closed at noon on March 21; Wendy = yes; Alex = yes; Charlie = no).

·        Jessica and Dànielle will draft a caucus meeting report for CCCC leadership.

·        Jessica will draft a business meeting proposal for CCCC-IP 2018 and submit it to you all for consideration.

·        Jessica will work with the incoming Junior Chair to establish action items and priorities for the coming year.

·        Pursue a special issue of Kairos on IP issues > Danielle will draft a prospectus for a special issue (Ty, John, and Karen will take editorial lead, potentially; proposal DRAFTED, 3-16-17).

·        Plan a featured panel for 2018: “Cultural Heritage, Ownership, Authorship, and Intellectual Property.” Current considered invitee: Adrianne Keene, co-sponsored by American Indian Caucus and Cultural Rhetorics Consortium (Malea Powell knows Adrienne Keene and is interested in potentially co-sponsoring; Danielle will follow up with Malea immediately after CCCC; Danielle emailed the chairs of the American Indian Caucus and Cultural Rhetorics Consortium about their thoughts and potential co-sponsorship, 3-16-17).

·        Alex (anie...@odu.edu) has a call out for Media Commons on a special issue on DH and the archives (pieces are 400-600 words); running in April; email him if you want more info or are interested in contributing.

·        Plan to nominate CCCC-IP representatives for Executive Committee immediately after CCCC 2017 (more is better!; Tim and Mike nominated Jeff Galin last year; consider diversity in terms of academic rank, interests; race, gender, geography, type of institution).

LONGER-TERM ACTION ITEMS

·        Check with NCTE about what resources the standing group now has, and what best practices and venues exist (given that IP Committee no longer exists)

·        Danielle will follow up with Steve Parks on SWR status

·        Check out Ted Bergstrom’s work on economics of OA (https://econ.ucsb.edu/~tedb/).

·        Work with/through our campus research offices to identify actions and issues related to IP that merit humanities attention.

·        Figure out ways to document how we have offered value to NCTE/CCCC membership; key anchor is student IP and student work.

·        Generate set of principles on IP (similar to the OWI principles); what is a resource we could build that could function similarly, but recognize legal and contextual nature of IP issues.

·        Develop and propose panel presentations for other conferences for 2018 related to Kairos special issue (authors presenting on projects/manuscripts; Computers and Writing).

Professor of Professional Writing

Associate Chair and Director of Graduate Programs

William J. Beal Distinguished Professor

Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures

College of Arts and Letters

Michigan State University

434 Farm Lane #235

East Lansing, Michigan 48824

517/432-2581; 517/353-5250 (fax)

www.msu.edu/~devossda

Clancy Ratliff

Mar 18, 2017, 2:12:43 PM3/18/17
to Danielle Nicole Devoss, ami...@gmail.com, anie...@odu.edu, elkh...@nmsu.edu, intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com, jme...@ewu.edu, kga...@tradford.edu, klun...@writing.ucsb.edu, lauralea...@wsu.edu, lcub...@radford.edu, lo...@umn.edu, mike.e...@wsu.edu, Jessica Reyman

Any of you still in Portland, consider attending this post-conference workshop (no cost) with me. Details attached.

Clancy Ratliff

Mar 18, 2017, 4:08:42 PM3/18/17
to Danielle Nicole Devoss, Gainer, Kim D, ami...@gmail.com, anie...@odu.edu, elkh...@nmsu.edu, intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com, jme...@ewu.edu, klun...@writing.ucsb.edu, lauralea...@wsu.edu, lcub...@radford.edu, lo...@umn.edu, mike.e...@wsu.edu
Ok, spoke too soon. I'm so tired that I'm going to need to go back to my room. Last night I woke up about 1:30 and couldn't get back to sleep for a long time; I kept thinking about all the work I have to do -- just thinking about all those moles I have not yet whacked!