intellectual property stories questionnaire: final invitation

1 view

Jim Purdy

Sep 15, 2015, 11:53:46 AM9/15/15
to CCCC-IP, pur...@duq.edu

Dear all:

Karen Lunsford and I want to thank those of you who already responded to our intellectual property survey. We would like to encourage those of you who have not yet done so to complete the survey at your convenience. We plan to close the survey soon. As a reminder it is available here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LG3SSXS. The formal invitation is below:

Dear Colleagues:

As our survey will close this summer, we wanted to send an additional invitation:

We are contacting you to invite you to participate in a study that seeks to investigate the intellectual property experiences and knowledge of teacher-scholars and editors in writing studies. You are invited to complete a brief questionnaire in SurveyMonkey that asks you to share your experiences with and knowledge of intellectual property issues related to your research, teaching, and editorial work (if relevant). Answers will provide data to help in identifying trends in writing studies teacher-scholars’ and book/journal editors’ intellectual property experiences and knowledge that can be used to formulate teaching and research initiatives to better prepare teacher-scholars and book/journal editors for their work.

The survey is 20 questions and should take approximately 10–15 minutes to complete. Surveys are anonymous. You will not be asked to provide your name.

The link to the questionnaire is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LG3SSXS

The study has been approved by the University of California Santa Barbara and Duquesne University Institutional Review Boards; the full consent form is available on the SurveyMonkey site.

We would be very grateful if you could take a few minutes to share your intellectual property experiences and knowledge as they relate to your research, pedagogy, and editorial work. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Karen Lunsford, University of California Santa Barbara

James P. Purdy, Duquesne University

James P. Purdy, Ph.D.

Associate Professor of English/Writing Studies

University Writing Center Director

Duquesne University

620 College Hall | 412-396-1293 | pur...@duq.edu