IP Annual, finally!

Clancy Ratliff

Jun 16, 2017, 9:24:07 PM6/16/17
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
It's not up on CCCC's site yet, but here is the finished version. Thanks for your patience, everyone! Here's a link to the PDF; I tried to send it as an attachment, but it was too large.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7BEsmTQVur1dFFOU2lqNS1SQ2M

I'll post again here when they upload it. One outstanding issue we may want to discuss is that while NCTE/CCCC is still OK with publishing the Annual, it's not clickable from any of the main CCCC pages. This is the page for committees:

http://www.ncte.org/cccc/committees

But only if you know to put "/ip" at the end of that are you able to get to our page with the Annuals:

http://www.ncte.org/cccc/committees/ip

I can ask the EC to consider adding a "CCCC Past Committee Archives" section to the Committees page, but then that makes it look like there's no longer an IP group. Suggestions?

Clancy Ratliff, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Assistant Director of First-Year Writing
Department of English
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
http://culturecat.net/portfolio/

Karen Lunsford

Jun 19, 2017, 9:09:39 AM6/19/17
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi Clancy, Our academic year is finally, blessedly coming to an end.  So, I do plan to follow up with our library & the California Digital Library on what I mentioned at the caucus meeting-- having them upload and catalog the full set of IP Annuals under the Creative Commons license. That should give us a backup to whatever NCTE does.  The IP Monthly Reports also need to be rescued.  Jim & I need to cite scholarship from the Annuals & Reports, as do others, so we do need some more permanent links. And I do think that NCTE should be involved in preserving that scholarship, too. Thanks, Karen

--

---
Karen Lunsford, PhD

Zimmerman, Traci Arnett - zimmerta

Jun 19, 2017, 1:02:20 PM6/19/17
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
This sounds great, Karen!  Thank you!

Dr. Traci Zimmerman
Academic Unit Head and Professor
School of Writing, Rhetoric and Technical Communication
James Madison University
Harrison Hall 2252

Jessica Reyman

Jun 19, 2017, 1:25:30 PM6/19/17
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
All,
I see that the IP Annual up to 2015 is linked from the CCCC Resources pag:  http://www.ncte.org/cccc/resources

The page it links to gives information on the IP Committee, dated March 2016. This should be revised to reflect our current configuration as a Standing Group so as not to suggest that we're no longer an active body. Wendy and I can work on that revision. Do we, as a group, want to move the IP Annuals to a different location, or are we satisfied with it in this CCCC Resources space?

Jessica

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 6:24 PM Clancy Ratliff <cla...@louisiana.edu> wrote:
[...]

Megow, Lyn

Jun 19, 2017, 1:54:58 PM6/19/17
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com

Hi All:

I will, unfortunately, have to remove my name from your list. I will start a new tenure-track job at a local community college this fall, and I will concentrate my efforts on the very quick tenure process for the next few years.

If I am at CCCC next March, I will stop by and say hello!

Thank you for welcoming me into your group, and good luck with your future endeavors.

Lyn Megow

p.s. This email address will no longer be active after summer quarter.