Re: Digest for intellectual-property-caucus@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 1 topic

Michael Edwards

Dec 1, 2015, 2:04:56 PM12/1/15
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
I’d like to propose covering the emerging story about Elsevier and the journals Lingua and Glossa, which I would be glad to do.

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/editors-of-the-journal-lingua-protest-quit-in-battle-for-open-access/
http://kaivonfintel.org/2015/11/27/lingua-disinformation/
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=22162

ME
--
Mike Edwards, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, English Department

Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy
http://kairos.technorhetoric.net/
Editor, Topoi section

> On Nov 28, 2015, at 6:25 PM, intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com wrote:
>
> intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com Google Groups
> Topic digest
> View all topics
> • Working ToC for IP Annual - 3 Updates
> Working ToC for IP Annual
> Wendy Warren Austin <wendywar...@hotmail.com>: Nov 27 11:15PM -0500
>
> Clancy,
>
> I can do this topic:
> • The Rise of the Kilo-Author: http://www.npr.org/2015/08/12/431959428/research-biologist-coins-term-kilo-author-for-scientific-journal-articles
>
> Wendy W. Austin

Clancy Ratliff

Dec 1, 2015, 3:44:37 PM12/1/15
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great! Here is the current version of the working ToC: twelve
contributions so far!

2015 IP Annual, Working Table of Contents

Matthew Teutsch, Confederate Flag Down, Rainbow Flag Up: A Copyright Dispute

Laurie Cubbison, Taylor Swift vs. Apple Music
http://taylorswift.tumblr.com/post/122071902085/to-apple-love-taylor

Kim Gainer Happy Birthday is set free:
Wendy Warren Austin, The Rise of the Kilo-Author:
http://www.npr.org/2015/08/12/431959428/research-biologist-coins-term-kilo-author-for-scientific-journal-articles

Will Duffy, "Defeat Devices as Intellectual Property: A Rhetorical
Dilemma”: EFF's current attempt to get the software in cars exempted
from the Digital Millennium Copyright Act

Steven Engel, Maya Angelou misquote on stamp:
http://time.com/3814888/maya-angelou-stamp-us-postal-service-joan-walsh-anglund/

Sushil Oswal, implications of Hathi Trust case for visually impaired readers

Kyle Stedman, [REPUBLISH OF] “Plugs, Play, Pedagogy, Episode 3: Using
Creative Commons to Make Stuff.”
https://plugsplaypedagogy.podigee.io/3-using-creative-commons

Katie Kottemann, Catfishing: Implications for Authorship, Forgery, and
Plagiarism

Mike Edwards, Elsevier and the journals Lingua and Glossa