Standing Group Panel

1 view

Timothy Amidon

May 14, 2014, 1:00:44 PM5/14/14
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to follow up on the status of the standing group panel. I've reached out to both the EFF and SPARC to gauge their interest in attending. Although I'm still hoping that one of the groups will show interest, we'll need to have a plan-B in case we don't. Kyle suggested that it would be neat to reach out to luminaries in the field. Either way, with the deadline for these proposals quickly approaching (Monday), we're certainly up against a bit of a time-crunch. In fact, we might just want to shift toward the luminary plan now in order to author a more effective and persuasive Standing Group Panel, and use the time we have between now and CCCCs 2016 to attempt to build a constructive relationship with SPARC and/or EFF, etc.,

I was thinking that it would be neat to invite maybe 3-4 of the founding members of the caucus, and 3-4 of the folks who have contributed a great deal more recently, and engender a discussion that is part reflection and part envisioning where we might continue to go as a caucus. It's exciting that we received standing group status, so this would be an exciting way to both pay homage to those who began this adventure, while thinking of the future issues and roles we might play within the field...

With that, I am now taking nominations for luminaries and active members who would like to participate.

Best,
tra

Timothy R. Amidon, Ph.D.
Department of Writing & Rhetoric
Harrington School of Communication & Media
University of Rhode Island
Roosevelt Hall | 90 Lower College Rd.
Kingston, RI 02881

Assistant Editor
Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy

Senior Chair
CCCC Intellectual Property Caucus

Stedman, Kyle D

May 14, 2014, 2:42:29 PM5/14/14
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com

Tim et al,

When I look at the history document that Laurie put together, the earliest names are Andrea Lunsford, Lisa Ede, Martha Woodmansee, Peter Jaszi, Jim Porter, Laura Gurak, Johndan Johnson-Eilola, etc. Maybe start with them?

Tim, can you email out the link to the proposal document again?

Thanks,

---

Timothy Amidon

May 14, 2014, 11:54:06 PM5/14/14
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kyle,

I haven't started the Standing Group Proposal, yet. Jim and I decided that given the time constraints, we're going to move forward with the luminaries idea.

Best,
tra

Timothy R. Amidon, Ph.D.
Department of Writing & Rhetoric
Harrington School of Communication & Media
University of Rhode Island
Roosevelt Hall | 90 Lower College Rd.
Kingston, RI 02881

Assistant Editor
Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy

Senior Chair
CCCC Intellectual Property Caucus

Kyle Stedman

May 15, 2014, 10:14:36 AM5/15/14
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
Totally--I was asking about the link to the other proposal. I saw someone ask for it on the list (Clancy?), so I thought, "If Tim re-posts it, I won't have to go digging through my email again to find it" (since for some reason it isn't showing up when I go straight to Google Drive). Lazy, I know. :)

Kyle D. Stedman
Assistant Professor of English, Rockford University
5050 E. State St., Rockford, IL 61108