Standing Group Sponsored Panel Planning

Timothy Amidon

Mar 21, 2018, 7:10:45 PM3/21/18
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com, Gainer, Kim D, Karen Lunsford, Kyle Stedman, Jessica Reyman, Wendy Austin
Good evening, Distinguished colleagues of the CCCC IP Standing Group,

At our annual meeting, we discussed some preliminary ideas for organizing a panel (or a workshop). As a group, we decided to host a panel, but a panel that is interactive, dialogic, and/or has activities built into it. There were a variety of panels with different IP emphases suggested/pitched, and I no longer recall if we decided on something concrete, but I do have notes that state I have volunteered to coordinate the drafting of this panel.

So, here's a three part general call to members of our standing group:

  • What ideas/topics/themes/areas do you want us to target in our panel?
  • What speakers/panelists/or activities do you have in mind?
  • Do you want to participate as a panelist/respondent/chair (my understanding is being a chair or respondent doesn't count against your one speaker role position, but enables us some wiggle room).
Also, here's access to the Google Doc where we can do our planning work for anyone interested in participating.

(PS: I have cc-ed a couple of you here, as I am not sure if my ami...@gmail.com account still has post access to our Google Group, so if this doesn't get sent out through the group, would one of you post this to the list serv.

Best,
tra

Timothy R. Amidon, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor | Department of English | Colorado State University
Assistant Professor | Department of Environmental and Occupational Health | Colorado School of Public Health
Faculty Affiliate | Center for Disaster and Risk Analysis
Associate Editor | Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, & Pedagogy