Standing Group and Business Meeting Proposals Submitted

Timothy Amidon

May 19, 2014, 7:44:23 PM5/19/14
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
Good evening everyone,

Thank you to everyone for your help composing, editing, and revising our Business Meeting Proposal (including the workshop blurbs). And, thank you to Jim, Clancy, Jeff, Kyle, and Danielle who helped me greatly with planning and composing our first ever standing group proposal. I believe these we've created some very strong and exciting proposals, and I am extremely proud of the work that we have done as a group!

Now that those are submitted (phew, we did it!), I just wanted to let everyone know about the status of the standing group proposal. Last Friday, after we began recruiting notable figures from within the history of the IP Caucus to speak in a sponsored standing group proposal, I received an email from Heather Joseph at SPARC. Today, I had the pleasure of speaking with her, and I am happy to announce that she'll be joining us in Tampa! Not only will she be joining an already stellar cast of notable figures affiliated with the caucus, including Jim Porter, Jeff Galin, Danielle Nicole DeVoss, John Logie, Johndan Johnson Eilola, Jessica Reyman, and Clancy Ratliff, but she's also agreed to attend our business meeting to discuss trends in open access publishing, repositories, and education. During the standing group roundtable, this exciting group will discuss the accomplishments we've made as a caucus with respect toward shaping how our discipline understands IP, as well as how we might continue to be a leader on issues within the CCCCs, the NCTE, and the public.

Therefore, I want to also send a special note of thanks to Karen Lunsford who initially suggested that we contact SPARC.

Great work everyone!

Best regards,
tra

Timothy R. Amidon, Ph.D.
Department of Writing & Rhetoric
Harrington School of Communication & Media
University of Rhode Island
Roosevelt Hall | 90 Lower College Rd.
Kingston, RI 02881

Assistant Editor
Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy

Senior Chair
CCCC Intellectual Property Caucus

Karen Lunsford

May 20, 2014, 12:34:52 PM5/20/14
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
I'm so glad that it worked out -- and I'm looking forward to the
presentations! Best, Karen

Quoting Timothy Amidon <ami...@gmail.com>:

> Good evening everyone,
>
> Thank you to *everyone* for your help composing, editing, and revising our
> *Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy*
> http://www.technorhetoric.net/
>
> Senior Chair
> CCCC Intellectual Property Caucus
>
> --
>
> ---

Karen Lunsford, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Writing
Coordinator, Writing in the Disciplines
Director, Ph.D. Emphasis in Writing Studies
University of California, Santa Barbara
klun...@writing.ucsb.edu

Zimmerman, Traci Arnett - zimmerta

May 20, 2014, 12:43:56 PM5/20/14
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com
This is very exciting. Great work Tim (and team!)

Dr. Traci Zimmerman
Interim Director
Associate Professor
School of Writing, Rhetoric and Technical Communication
James Madison University
Harrison Hall 2283
(540) 568-2334
zimm...@jmu.edu