Error 1024: File X not found. Cannot stream the file into the Binary table

Carl Youngblood

Nov 6, 2001, 2:20:14 PM11/6/01
Please help with a strange problem I'm having trying to build an
installation with a new custom action that runs an InstallScript I just
created. I'm setting up a custom action that runs an Installscript. Here's
the order I did things in:

1) Created a function in Setup.rul called RemoveOldServiceKeys().
2) Created an "export prototype" statement for the function.
3) Compiled Setup.rul to make sure my syntax was correct.
4) Right-clicked on "Custom Actions" and chose "New".
5) Named my action "RemoveOldServiceKeys".
6) Right-clicked on my newly created custom action and chose "Custom Action
Wizard..."
7) Wizard appeared. On first dialog, I added a comment and clicked "Next >"
8) On second dialog I chose "Run InstallScript code". Location option was
grayed out. Then clicked "Next >"
9) On third dialog, I chose RemoveOldServiceKeys from the drop-down. Target
option was grayed out. Then clicked "Next >".
10) On fourth dialog, left everything at default settings (Wait for action
to finish executing, ignore return code, Execute immediately, always
execute), then clicked "Next >".
11) Clicked "Finish". Custom action was created, with Type 65536, Source
listed as "RemoveOldServiceKeys", and Target empty.
12) Clicked on "Sequences". Went to "Execute" sequence under
"Installation".
13) Right-clicked on "Execute" and chose "Insert..."
14) Chose "Custom Actions" in the drop-down. Found my action in the list,
highlighted it and clicked OK.
15) Positioned my action in the right part of the execute sequence.
16) When I build though, I get the following error:

** Error -1024: File RemoveOldServiceKeys not found. Cannot stream the file
into the Binary table

It's obviously thinking that my action is actually an external executable.
Please tell me what I am doing wrong. It seems like I'm following all the
logical steps exactly! I'm very new to InstallShield, so I'm hoping one of
you experts will have run into this problem before.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Sincerely,

Carl Youngblood
Software Engineer
Legato Systems, Inc.
801-437-8187

Johannes John

Nov 9, 2001, 3:45:30 AM11/9/01
Hello Carl,

have a look at the Binary Table with the Power Editor, and I'm sure, one
these entries has a wrong Data value.
Especially this one with Data value "RemoveOldServiceKeys".
How this entry was created, I don't know.
Delete this entry.

Regards!
Johannes

"Carl Youngblood" <cyou...@legato.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

dila....@metro-vibes.com

Oct 16, 2015, 6:09:29 AM10/16/15
Go to the file with the extension .isl. open it and search the name of file giving an error ..Delete that row ..problem will be solved

nilesh....@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2016, 12:49:03 AM2/3/16
I think it .ism file not .isl file.
Correct me If I am wrong.

One thing I want to ask is that if we delete that entry then what is the gurrenty that there will be no side effect?

More useful question is that what is this binary table? How to understnad it?
In my case, my .ism file is as it was previously but now it is giving error. there is no change in .ism file.Note I am running build from quickbuild.