shared clipboard data unavailable

itoope...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2013, 1:31:18 AM7/17/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
First off, a big 'thank you' to the devs for putting the time into developing ID and for making it available for free.

Clipboard sharing works intermittently. This is a huge pain.

I'm using ID v1.3 build 101 on two Windows7 machines.

Any help whatsoever will be most appreciated. I will need to look for a replacement if I cannot fix this and I really, really, really don't want to. ID is great except for this.

Ibrahim Demirel

Jul 24, 2013, 7:42:26 AM7/24/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
Usually this is caused by a firewall that is blocking communication between master and slave.
Assuming that you have a firewall on your machines installed, I suggest that you add appropriate exception rules to allow access for all binaries ( Input Director, Input Director Clipboard Helper and Input Director Session Helper ).

This is what I had to do to get it working ( between two clients one being Windows7 and the other Windows 8 )

Regards
Ibrahim