Problems with Windows 7

echo137

Mar 23, 2010, 8:54:32 PM3/23/10
to Input Director
This has happened to me on two different computers running Windows 7
64-bit with Input Director, sharing its mouse with another computer
running Windows 7 32-bit
I finally narrowed the problem down to Input Director, which I love by
the way and wish I could keep using it.
Basically, my computer starts up and everything is normal. Input
Director starts up automatically, and connects to the client
successfully. However, after I move my mouse to the client and move my
mouse back to the server, I can no longer right click on my desktop or
windows explorer or it will crash. I can provide more details as
necessary, but that's the gist of it. And as I said, this has happened
to me on two separate computers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shane

Mar 24, 2010, 5:47:36 PM3/24/10
to Input Director

Hi,

If you can give me as many details as possible, that would be great.

Is Input Director crashing or Windows Explorer?

Regs,

Shane.

echo137

Mar 25, 2010, 12:21:00 AM3/25/10
to Input Director
Windows explorer crashes. Input Director doesn't crash but it does
disappear from the system tray. Although, the Input Director processes
are still running (and I can't terminate them from the task manager).
What details do you need? I can be really specific, but I'd be up all
night haha.

-Eric

Shane

Mar 25, 2010, 8:54:17 PM3/25/10
to Input Director
On Mar 25, 3:21 pm, echo137 <echo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Windows explorer crashes. Input Director doesn't crash but it does
> disappear from the system tray. Although, the Input Director processes
> are still running (and I can't terminate them from the task manager).
> What details do you need? I can be really specific, but I'd be up all
> night haha.

Hi,

It sounds like the shared clipboard is the issue. Try switching of
clipboard sharing on the Windows 7 system (found under the "Global
Preferences" tab).

One other user emailed me about this too. Its quite a strange issue as
ID doesn't do anything unusual or non-standard with the clipboard.

If switching off the shared clipboard does stop the crashes and you're
able to help try to narrow down the fault, send me an email and I'll
put something together.

Regs,

Shane.

Ben Small

Mar 28, 2010, 11:49:44 PM3/28/10
to Input Director
this does not solve the problem... i am having a similar bug
experience.

Server - windows 7 x64
client - windows xp sp3 x86

right-clikcing on the windows xp box crashes explorer.exe

windows 7 remains unaffected.

Message has been deleted

Antonin Ganner

Aug 19, 2012, 8:48:38 AM8/19/12
to input-d...@googlegroups.com, didget...@gmail.com
Also having this issue, driving me insane.. Explorer freezes as often happens on Win 7, then closing/crashing it and re-running the Explorer process (so the task bar disappears) does not reload the ID icon there, so I cannot rescan slaves when it automatically disconnects which means I have to reboot every time Explorer crashes in order to continue using ID.. sometimes, right after it happens, I can get it to reconnect by disabling and re-enabling ID on a slave computer, but after the first time it will never reconnect again after the first disconnect.. (on that note, it seems to disconnect if I don't move the mouse onto the other computer for more than 5 minutes)

David Swanberg

Sep 5, 2013, 7:36:33 PM9/5/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com, didget...@gmail.com
Found a way to kill it without having to reboot:

1. Open a command prompt
2. Taskkill /IM InputDirector.exe /f
3. Restart ID.