HOW USE WITH TOUCH-SCREEN MONITORS???

IGNAZIO MILANA

Mar 3, 2011, 12:13:23 PM3/3/11
to Input Director
Hi, your app works fine but I have 4 monitors touch-screen + 4 pc all
in network with 1 keyboard + 1 mouse connected to pc 1 and shared by
inputdirector 1.3, if I click on pc 1 with touch while mouse pointer
is on pc 2, 3 or 4 the click-touch don't work on pc 1 but work on the
pc where is the mouse pointer.
Now I disabled the touch-screen on pc 1 but how could I do with touch
enabled?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Matt

Mar 5, 2011, 1:27:52 AM3/5/11
to Input Director
I'm not the authoritative source here, but it sounds to me like this
is out of ID's control. You touchscreen is nothing more than a
secondary mouse as far as the system is concerned. And ID switches ALL
input from the master to the slave with focus. This includes ALL the
master's keyboards, and ALL the master's mice (of which your
touchscreen is one).

To do this, you would have to have a way of making ID ignore input
from a specific device. I know of no such functionality.

Shane

Mar 6, 2011, 9:24:43 PM3/6/11
to Input Director
On Mar 5, 5:27 pm, Matt <matt.m.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not the authoritative source here, but it sounds to me like this
> is out of ID's control. You touchscreen is nothing more than a
> secondary mouse as far as the system is concerned. And ID switches ALL
> input from the master to the slave with focus. This includes ALL the
> master's keyboards, and ALL the master's mice (of which your
> touchscreen is one).

Hi,

This sounds right to me.

Ignazio - See if there is a touchscreen option to switch off mouse
emulation.

Regs,

Shane.

IGNAZIO MILANA

Mar 9, 2011, 3:32:09 AM3/9/11
to Input Director
Thanks Shane but I haven't found a way to disable mouse emulation, I
try with registry keys or driver-software http://touch-base.com but
nothing.
The monitor is LG L1730SF with OS Xp. Do you think there is a way???
I hope you can help me, thanks.

max mustermann

Mar 17, 2016, 7:55:55 AM3/17/16
to Input Director
Sorry to get back this old question, but was here any solution?

I also want to disable the pass-through of the touchscreen tabs. Is there a simple solution?

Fred

Mar 18, 2017, 7:27:25 AM3/18/17
to Input Director
np. i'm curious too.
I don't know what you mean by pass-through, but I agree with matt. However, I've observed that some of the multitouch commands do not switch the master/slave relationship (i've got mine on auto).