Is it possible to set Slave Monitor between 2 Master Monitors?

Marstead on Twitch

Mar 16, 2018, 12:02:33 AM3/16/18
to Input Director
Hello!

I have a streaming setup with a streaming PC (Master) and a gaming PC (Slave). I have a total of 3 monitors, arranged from left to right:

Monitor A - Monitor B - Monitor C

Because I want the game to be my main focus, I have the gaming PC (Slave) connected to Monitor B, in the center. Streaming information is in my peripheral vision on my Master PC, which ties to on Monitors A & C.

As far as I can tell, it's impossible to tell InputDirector to place Monitor B (Slave) between Monitor A (Master) & Monitor C (Master). Is there a way to do this? If not, can it be added in a future release?

In other words, I'd like to transition to Monitor B (Slave) if I move my cursor off the right side of Monitor A or off the left side of Monitor C. Similarly, I'd like to transition to Monitor A (Master) if I move off the left side of Monitor B (Slave), and to Monitor C (Master) if I move off the right side of Monitor B (Slave). Is this currently possible?

Thanks!

-Dylan

Shane

Mar 16, 2018, 12:13:13 AM3/16/18
to Input Director
Hi Dylan,

Unfortunately not. Windows itself doesn't support the concept of separated monitors on a single system,

Regs,

Shane.